Selling a Home
Below are some preparations you can make prior to contacting an agent. You can also contact us at any time and we can guide you through the entire process as well.
Tips for selling your Home
- Click here to view our services.
- Get a copy of your credit report and correct any errors.
- Reduce your consumer debt - pay down credit card balances.
- Get Pre-Approved for a Home Loan. Before you sell your home be sure you are qualified to buy another.
- Find out what your home is worth. Click here to contact us for a free estimate. Remember that in this housing market, pricing it right is the primary factor that will help your house sell quickly.
- Make Necessary Repairs. A buyer will probably insist on it anyway, so do it now, so that your house shows better. Our agents will be happy to make suggestions as well.
- Make small, low cost improvements that will make your house stand out: replace worn or stained carpet, paint the interior, preferably in neutral colors. Paint the front door. Get the flower beds weeded and powerwash the patio or driveway. Keep the lawn trimmed, edged, and looking neat.
- Get your House Ready to Show. Our agents can help with this also. This includes insuring that all lights are working, door locks functioning, and may even include replacing countertops or tile in the bathrooms.
- If necessary, rent a storage unit and de-clutter your home. Remember, it's your home you're selling, not your furniture. This applies to personal things like family photos as well. You want buyers to see themselves in your home, not you.
- Have a garage sale, or move stuff from your closets to your storage unit. Makes the closets look bigger.
- Mentally prepare to show your home to prospective buyers. The more open you are to buyers the better your house may sell. Try to visualize what the buyer will see when they look at your home.
- Look at the competition - the other houses that are for sale in your neighborhood. Buyers are going to be making that comparison, so you should, too. Look for things that will make yours stand out.
- If you are going to be living in the house while it's for sale, mentally prepare: You are going to have to establish a ritual for having your house ready to show at all times, at short notice. And that means picking up clothes and other items, keeping the house neat and clean, dishes washed and put away, and yard trimmed and neat. The last thing you want to do is turn down a showing because you've left the house in a mess.
- Contact us for more help and personal recommendations.