photos © copyright 2011 Gerry Carley
Buying a home
Below are some preparations you can make prior to contacting an agent. You can also contact us at any time and we can guide you through the entire process as well.
Buying a Home Tips
- Click here to view our services.
- Get a copy of your credit report and correct any errors. Learn more here...
- Reduce your consumer debt - pay down credit card balances.
- Assemble a cash down payment.
- Determine how much you can afford to pay for a home.
Use our mortgage calculator here...
- Decide how much you are willing to spend for a home (different from how much you can afford).
- Get familiar with basic mortgage terms.
Check these resources...
- Shop for a mortgage loan on the Internet.
- Get pre-approved or at least pre-qualified for a mortgage loan.
- Investigate neighborhoods where you want to look for a house.
- Consider neighborhood school quality and crime rates.
Find school info and crime stats here...
- Select two or three neighborhoods that meet your requirements.
- View our featured homes or look through properties on our MLS Search page.
- Get your agent's help in evaluating the asking price of homes you like.
- Contact us for more help and personal recommendations.